“I just got it! Interlaken means between two lakes!”- shouts Mr G excitedly, as we were walking around the lake in Interlaken, Switzerland. The curious thing is, he is supposed to be the smart one in the relationship! We had taken a quick trip to Interlaken to visit our intrepid friend R, before he made his way back to Australia. A quick 3 hour train ride from Strasbourg found us surrounded by mountains, lakes and fresh air, which all together make for truly stunning scenery. Every time I go to Switzerland, I can’t help thinking that the Swiss always look so healthy and fresh and stress-free and I am absolutely certain it must be due to the alpine climate and not to mention the Swiss chocolate! We purchased some hand-crafted Swiss chocolate from Läderach – chocolatier suissein Interlaken town and then decided to take a long leisurely walk along the lake, stopping to admire the view and of course to devour the chocolate.
- Chorizo, potato and rosemary pizza – When an Italian and a baby gorilla cook together
- Bonne rentrée tout le monde! Happy first day of school everyone! Celebrating with a Periodic Table of cupcakes
- Risotto of Baby Zucchini and Munster cheese
- Saying Farewell to Summer with Strawberry Ice Cream and Balsamic Jelly
- Swiss Chocolate and a quick trip to Interlaken